The programme aims to provide graduates who can
- demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the mass communication process;
- plan and produce high quality productions for different forms of mass media;
- work independently and, on their own initiative, carry out day-to-day journalistic practices in Hong Kong and Mainland China;
- express themselves competently and appropriately in Chinese and English;
- provide a critical analysis of the existing forms and content of mass communication;
- understand the development and application of new media to the mass communication industry;
- design and carry out independent research in the areas of journalism and mass communication for further studies.